Monday, June 20, 2011

Action researcher


With almost every assignment I get in this Educational Technology program, I’m amazed at how similar it is to what I do as a journalist.

When I read the article “What is Action Research’’ and looked at the role of a classroom teacher, I saw it as very similar to the role of a journalist. As the article states, the main goal of action research is to address problems and find solutions for them.

A few things to remember with action research is that it’s important to:
Use action research to improve performance
Use action research to uncover facts
Understand that research steps are often repeated
Use it to empower those who are using it.

As I was planning my Project Based learning assignment, this is how I viewed.
The problem I identified was that the loss of a high number of journalism jobs could have an impact on how local communities are covered. So that was the driving question that I posed

I am actually using three web 2.0 tools in my project, but for this blog assignment, I’ll diagram how I think students should use PBworks wiki.

Here’s a simple concept created using gliffy.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment